Every week, I go grocery shopping, and I almost always visit the same store. I’ve been there so often I know where everything is on the shelves, and so I can get my list checked off in a half-hour, if I don’t have that much to pick up. But the main reason I go to that store is because it’s close by, just a few minutes from my house, and it doesn’t require driving through any heavy traffic.
It’s probably the same for you: when you’re looking for some things, like groceries or gas for your car, a nearby location is likely the top priority. Characteristics like the quality of service or what’s available to choose off the shelf are less important — after all, you pump your own gas, and you can find the same brand of potato chips at every store.
But the situation is very different when you’re looking for something much more essential than a snack, something like end-of-life care for someone you love.
A quick online search will turn up the hospice agencies that are closest to your house, and that can be a way to start your search; visit their website or their social media channels, and if any of them look promising reach out to schedule a visit or start a conversation.
What makes a hospice agency “promising,” though? What should you look for?
Circle of care
One thing we’re proud of here at Centrica Care Navigators is the “circle of care” idea, that everything you need for a successful patient experience is available right here.
· You’ll talk with a doctor and registered nurse early in the process to determine the right end-of-life path for your loved one.
· If appropriate, patients can stay in their own homes while they are in care, for an added level of comfort.
· We’ll provide guidance and support while working with insurance companies.
· You won’t be alone when it’s your time to care for your loved one. The Centrica Care Navigators team will answer your questions and give you information and guidance on what’s safe and what’s appropriate.
· Care extends beyond medicine to other parts of life, too; Centrica Care Navigators has our own team of chaplains for spiritual support, music therapists, and volunteers to offer pet therapy.
· We’re with you even after your loved one has died; our grief support programs (including Centrica Journeys, specifically for children and teens) meet regularly to continue care.
You don’t have to search around to find a team of quality professionals to help your loved one — they’re all here at Centrica Care Navigators.
A reliable partner
Centrica Care Navigators is also a reliable partner throughout the end-of-life care process. The need for senior care in southwest Michigan is growing right along with our aging population. An online search will give you dozens of facilities and services that might help your loved one — but some are new and inexperienced, and others might prioritize some patients over others.
That’s not the case here. We’ve been supporting southwest Michigan since 1981, and have made it a cornerstone of our agency to provide care for everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. When you’re looking for something as important as end-of-life care, you want to know you’re partnering with people who will be there when you need them.
A variety of experiences
We are the largest hospice agency in southwest Michigan and one of the largest in the entire state. We partner with many patients and have the experience and knowledge to manage care for each of them.
When you’re looking for service that’s customized to support your loved one — their needs, their desires for how they want to live their remaining time — you want people who you can feel confident about.
Our care team likes to get to know our patients; a visit to a patient’s home is never just a task to accomplish. Instead, our patients are people who are still taking part in life. We work hard to provide compassionate care that respects their dignity and treats patients like people.
When it’s time to find quality end-of-life care, you don’t want to simply go to the closest hospice, you want to go to the best: a hospice that offers everything you and your loved one needs, with a hospice team that’s reliable and experienced. You’ll find that at Centrica Care Navigators.
Discover more here on our website, join us on social media, or call us at 269.345.0273.